Saturday, November 24, 2007

Finally Sinking In... A Bit

I was wandering the aisles of my local Big Chain Bookstore today, as I do most every weekend. Not necessarily shopping, just enjoying the look, and smell, and FEEL of all those wonderful books sitting on all the shelves.

I browsed over in the Romance section, pulling out books by friends (Anna Campbell, Donna MacMeans, Christine Wells), authors or titles I'd heard some recent buzz about, or other titles by My Publisher... just coz, ya know, they're MINE... When suddenly it occurred to me that by this time NEXT year, MY book would be up there on the shelves! Yup, right up there on that top shelf between Cheyenne McCray and Shannon McKenna!

Oh. My. Gosh.

This time NEXT year, those two women sharing the aisle with me might be pulling out MY BOOK!

Yes, I had a private little *SQUEE* moment right there in the middle of the book store. My Book, written with my own blood, sweat, and imagination will be published in less than 365 days and will be read (and I hope enjoyed) by total strangers! Reality never felt so good.

4 comments:

Donna MacMeans said...

AC - I can't vouch for total strangers, but you've got 19 guaranteed sales - me included!

Way to go, Bandita. Can't wait to see your book on the shelves.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Ah! THANX A BUNCH, Donna! You and Christine and Foanna are hard acts to follow. I only hope DITF gets half the great buzz (and deservedly so!) as ...Mrs. Brimley!

AC
off to window shop with the royalties from those 19 sales HAHAHAHA!

Stacey Kayne said...

Count me in as one of your auto-buy readers, Cindy! Can't wait!!!

Won't be long and you'll be filling a whole shelf with your releases!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

AWWWW! (((HUGS)))Stacey!
YOU are definitely on MY auto-buy list. Can't wait for your new release, Maverick Wild in January!

AC