The DH and I watch three and sometimes four films every week. Our tastes are eclectic to say the least as this list of our last five DVDs shows:
- Fools Gold -- this so-called romantic comedy was a disappointing, over-long, totally implausible endeavor. Matthew McC and Kate Hudson both looked great wet and in swimsuits, but that's about all the charm I could find, and the DH fell asleep in the first half-hour but woke up for the end.
- Jumpers -- great premise but sadly, no discernable plot. What a waste of one of my favorite actors, Samuel L. Jackson. And what was with the pyramids/Sphinx fetish? DH slept through the middle of it.
- Into The Wild -- beautifully photographed if depressing tale of a young man's search for meaning in his life, which ended during said search. Every parent's worst nightmare of what might have happened to their missing adult child. DH stayed awake through the entire 2 1/2 hour film!
- Toulouse-Lautrec and Montmartre -- this was a short documentary on one of the DH's favorite artists, made all the more interesting by our recent (last January) visit to Paris and Montmartre.
- Sleuth -- I was curious about this remake since the original Sleuth (with Michael Caine and Laurence Olivier) is one of my all time favorite movies. Unfortunately, knowing the twist that was coming pretty much spoiled my enjoyment, as did the DH's snoring through the entire film.
What movies have you enjoyed lately? Recommendations for any I should add to my Netflix list? Will they pass the DH's snore test?!?!