I suppose a good place to start is by revealing a few things about the story. Here then, are five random things about The Treasures of Venice:
- Even though the story is set in Venice, Italy, the hero is an Irish hunk by the name of Keirnan Fitzgerald (and any resemblance to Gerry Butler may not be all that coincidental),
- The heroine, Samantha Lewis has the same color eyes as me (described by the hero as golden green),
- The character of Serafina Lombardo was inspired by a Renaissance portrait of a young woman named Gianna Tornabuoni,
- The story was originally inspired by a piece of music from the opera "Jewels of the Madonna" but also borrows liberally from Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet,"
- The book features a dual storyline that takes place in both current day Venice and Venice in 1485.