Sunday, July 18, 2010

Parties, Contests, and More

My in-person launch party for The Wild Irish Sea was last Sunday and a fun time was had by all! I saw lots of friends, many for the first time in a very long time, and made a few new ones. We ate plenty of yummy pizza and chocolate cake, along with a special treat -- two packages of Tim Tams! I managed to get one from each box, but they didn't last long.

After my horrible week, it was so nice to have something positive happen. I was also gratified that every person who had already read TWIS told me how much they loved Parker and wanted to read his story.

I was also happy that most everyone had found a copy of the book at Barnes and Noble or ordered it from Amazon. Unfortunately, it appears that Borders in my area are not stocking it. BOO! HISS!

But BIG THANX to Venus (one of my lovely followers on this blog) for sending me this very cool picture of The Wild Irish Sea on the shelf in the Barnes and Noble in Honolulu! I only wish she had put her own smiling face in the piccie. Or better yet, that I could go there, see the book for myself, and take my own photo of Venus. If anyone else out there has seen TWIS in your neighborhood bookstore, or even on your own shelf, PLEASE email me a photo! I'd love to post it here on the blog!

Finally, because good things really do come in threes, last Friday I received an exciting phone call from the Georgia Romance Writers chapter of RWA. The Treasures of Venice is a finalist in their published Maggie Award contest! I'm so surprised and thrilled to be a finalist. Thrilled because not only is this a prestigious contest, but the Maggie award itself is a beautiful sterling silver pendant. Surprised because the contest doesn't have a romantic suspense category and I had to enter in the single title category and thought there was NO WAY I would final. Goes to show how wrong I can sometimes be!

So now it's YOUR TURN! Share some of your good news with me!


6 comments:

Fedora said...

Ooh, good news? The gardeners redid the sprinklers so they actually work now :) And we just got the car checked out before our road trip--wooo! ;)

Congrats on the Maggie nom, AC! Go, you!!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Have FUN on your road trip, Fedora!

I won't have the final results on the Maggie until the first week of October, but I'm honored just to have finaled.

AC

Helen said...

Whoo Hoo Aunty Cindy this really is awesome news and so well deserved fantastic book I have everything crossed for you.

My good news is that I will be going to Coogee Beach in August for the Romance Writers of Australia conference and I will be at the awards dinner on the Saturday night I am so looking forward to catching up with some wonderful author friends.

Glad you all enjoyed the Tim Tams

Have Fun
Helen

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanks Helen,

And LUCKY YOU to be going to the RWAus! Wish I could go too. :-) I happen to know some really awesome Australian romance authors... I'm sure you know the ones I mean.

AC

mrsshukra said...

Congrats on the Maggie honors!!! Wow, The Wild Irish Sea looks good on the shelf!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hi Etirv!

Thanx, I'm still thrilled over the Maggie final. And as for TWIS looking good on the shelf, WOO HOO! But then, you would know, m'dear... ;-)

AC