Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Aspen Gold

Popping in to share some exciting news:

The Treasures of Venice is a finalist in the Heart of Denver RWA Aspen Gold contest!

I'm not sure when the winners will be announced, but I'm thrilled to be in the running (click on the title of this post to see all the finalists) in the romantic suspense category. My good friend and Bandita Anna Campbell's book Tempt The Devil is a finalist in the historical category.

It's always a nice feeling of validation when judges like your work. But even more important to me, I enter contests to get my books into the hands of readers who might not otherwise pick them up. Word of mouth truly is the most effective advertising, so if a contest judge likes my book and tells a couple of their friends, then they each tell two or three of their friends...

Now you know the "method to my madness."

How do you find new books to read? Do you take recommendations from friends? Read reviews? Just browse the bookstore? Aunty would love to know!

8 comments:

Helen said...

Whoo Hoo I am so excited for you I truly loved that book it deserves to win in my opinion

And yes I do read books if they are recomended to me by friends and if I read about them on blogs and of course if they are auto buy authors for me.

Fingers crossed AC

Have Fun
Helen

Jane said...

Congrats, Aunty Cindy. I get recommendations from the various blogs and review sites that I visit. Sometimes I'll check a book out when a favorite author of mine has gushed about a book.

mrsshukra said...

Hi Aunty Cindy! I rely a lot on reader reviews and recommendations online! Can't help it, can afford to waste time and be heartbroken and disappointed about a book.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hey Helen,
Thanx again for all your support of me and my books. As you know, TToV was my 06 Golden Heart finalist and very near and dear to my heart, so I'm very excited to see it finaling in other contests.

HUGS!
AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hi Jane,

There really are a lot of terrific review sites online. I confess, I usually check a few of them before I buy a book, but a friend's recommendation carries the most weight with me. ;-)

AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

I'm with you, Mrsshukra!

I don't wanna spend my hard-earned $$ on a book that disappoints. That's why I tend to read things by writers I know (both from previous work, or from 'meeting' them online)! ;-) I love when I can hear someone's 'voice' in their written words.

AC

Sheila Deeth said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations and good luck.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanks Sheila!

I'm thrilled to be a finalist. :-)

AC