Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sneak Peek



I'm hip deep in revisions at the moment, but I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at what I've been working on lo these many months!
His Reluctant Bodyguard is Book 2 in the Adventure Cruise Line series and I am determined to get it released on Amazon before September 1st.

The last person cruise director Avery Knox expected to see aboard her very first trip out on Valiant is former college football star, Rip Pollendene. A decade ago, she had turned down his advances at the University of Miami and lived to regret her decision. Why is she so reluctant to take the second chance she's been handed?

Rip Pollendene is the heir apparent to a beautiful island nation. But it's a heritage Rip has ignored and rejected for twenty years. Now his homeland is on the brink of a bloody civil war with outside forces trying to manipulate the outcome. Is that why someone wants him dead?

How much should Rip sacrifice for a country he hardly knows? And is it sheer coincidence that has thrown golden girl Avery Knox back into his life? Or is something more sinister at work?

After ten years apart, why has fate brought Rip and Avery together again? Can they stay alive long enough to find out if their love really is meant to be?

His Reluctant Bodyguard is set on a fictional Caribbean island that is actually a combination of several of the islands I've visisted on a couple of different cruises. Do you have a favorite island in the Caribbean or elsewhere?

6 comments:

Jennifer Tanner said...

Does the U.K. count as an island?

I'm looking forward to Rip and Avery's story...and this fictional Caribbean island.

Patricia Rickrode w/a Jansen Schmidt said...

I can't wait for the new book Aunty Cindy!

I loved Roaratan! It was very jungelesque and how I imagine Caribbean islands to be. Some of them, like Grand Cayaman, are too commercialized for my liking!

Patricia Rickrode
w/a Jansen Schmidt5

Unknown said...

I'm limited in my personal experience with Caribbean islands, but I love this story!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

LOL Jen.
Matter of fact, the UK is TWO islands. ;-)

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hey Patricia,
I LURVED Roatan too! And you are right, a lot of the Caribbean islands are very tropical. Puerto Rico, Domenica, and St. Lucia all have lovely rain forests! But a few of the other islands (most notably Aruba and Curacao) are desert-y.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hi Jo,
I happen to know you've been to Puerto Rico and loved the history there just as much as I did. ;-)

Can't thank you enough for all your help on this story!