It didn't! But maybe the idea of free pizza and cake was the deciding factor? Well, at least for the hubbies and male signif. others in attendance. So here are five things I really enjoyed about my launch party:
- The BEAUTIFUL cake with a picture of my cover frosted onto the top, and it tasted great too. BIG MWAH to my CP Cathy D. for getting it for me!
- Feeling the LURVE! I got to celebrate with so many friends and former co-workers, some I'd known for over twenty years. Many I had not seen in years.
- The fact that TWO MEN actually showed up of their own volition (not there because of a spouse of girl friend), my hairdresser, and a former co-worker and long time friend, James.
- Having two complete strangers (Okay, they were friends of a friend but we'd never met) ask me to autograph a copy of my book.
- Finally, after all those years of writing and being rejected, and after almost 13 months of waiting after The Call, feeling like a real live PUBLISHED AUTHOR!