Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Title and Copy Edits!

It's been an exciting week with two more important steps down the road to my next release!

I received my copyedits for my Sept. 09 release and true to my copyeditor's email, they were LIGHT! Mostly they were a 'clean up' of my punctuation, and a few comments asking for clarification. So a big THANX to the two lovely ladies who were my copyeditors for this manuscript! I've finished going through all of them and actually returned them ahead of schedule (a very rare occurance).

The second and even more exciting piece of news, is that I finally have a new title for the book! The manuscript formerly know as Jewels of the Madonna, will henceforth be titled The Treasures of Venice. I'm very happy to have Venice in the title as I think this will be intriguing to readers.

What do you think?

And what do you picture on the cover?


2 comments:

Jane said...

I love the title. I'm picturing a cover with canals. Congrats on handing in the copyedits ahead of schedule.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx Jane!

I sounds a bit like a travel guide to me, but once the cover is done, I'm sure I won't think so!

The DH and I have a bet going on whether the cover will have The Bridge of Sighs, the Rialto Bridge, or St. Mark's with a gondola in front. Of course I KNOW it will have a headless hunk with his shirt open (or off!). Nothing says Casablanca books like a bare-chested hunk! :-)

AC