Bring out the pinata, guacamole and margaritas! Nothing I like better than a little fiesta. And being in a party mood makes me think about good things to come. There are quite a few things happening in the next few months that I'm really looking forward to. Here are five of them:
- The DH and I will celebrate 20 years together in a couple of weeks! Nope, never believed we'd make it this long. HA! So I'm really looking forward to a very special night out.
- Writing "The End" on my work-in-progress. Seems like I've been in the deep dark writing cave working on this story FOREVER! (heavy sigh) And yes, I do love my characters and their trials and tribulations, but I'm ready for the light at the end of this tunnel. Of course, I am writing this book under contract so I MUST finish it by my deadline.
- Attending the RWA National Conference in Washington DC. OH GOODIE! (rubs hands together with glee) The conference last year in San Francisco was so much fun! Thanks to my CP's hubby giving me a frequent flyer ticket, I WILL be attending the conference this year, and I am so looking forward to seeing all my Banditas and other writer friends. Plus, this year, for the first time, I get to participate in the Literacy signing event!
- Seeing my second book on the shelf! YES!!! September 1st is the "official" release date for The Treasures of Venice and I'm almost as excited as I was last year when my very first book, The Wild Sight was released. I do plan to have another launch party and will be doing another blog tour and giving away lots of free copies of the book. Can't wait!
- Spending my birthday on a cruise to Acapulco. One of my best birthdays ever was a few years ago, when the DH booked us a cruise to Acapulco and the dining room staff made a fuss over me on my birthday. Well, my DH has done it again! Last week, he booked another cruise to Acapulco and my birthday will happen right in the middle of it.