Sunday, February 21, 2010

Celebrating!

There have been some exciting things to celebrate around yer olde Aunty's homestead this week!

On the personal side... In the wee hours of the morning on Feb. 20 (and I do mean WEE, as in between midnight and 1 AM) the newest member of our family arrived! My grand-niece Rylee was born weighing 6 lbs. 14 oz. and 20 inches long. I am told she has a head full of brown hair, but am waiting for pictures to verify.

We've all been waiting anxiously (esp. her mother and father) since Feb. 11 for this little bundle of joy to make her appearance. And of course, the fact that they picked a name only one letter off from my heroine in The Wild Sight made me doubly proud!

The other piece of very exciting news is writing related.

Did you notice the beautiful lavender logo on my sidebar? Well, just in case you didn't here it is again:

YES! The Treasures of Venice is one of ten finalists in the Australian Romance Readers Awards for 2009! (Just click on the title of this blog post to go to the AARA website.) Treasures is in there against some MAJOR competition, so I have NO expectation of winning, but I am so honored to be included in the list of finalists!

So have you celebrated anything lately?

What about Chinese New Year? It's the year of the tiger! GRRRRROWWWLL!

Did you celebrate Mardi Gras on Tuesday? I didn't but I wish I had.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Wow, a grand-niece. We celebrated Chinese New Year last week. Hopefully it'll be a good year for everyone.

Helen said...

Huge congrats on the birth of Rylee I bet she is beautiful

And again huge congrats on being a finalist in the romantic suspense catergory for The Aust Romance Reader Awards I will be shouting for you on 15th May I just wish you could be here with us and yes I love that logo.

Good Luck

Have Fun
Helen

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx Jane!

I was born in the year of the hare. Hope the year of the tiger is not dangerous for me! :-)

Gung Hay Fat Choy, though my Chinese exchange student many years ago told me that actually means "I hope you'll be rich" NOT "Happy New Year."

AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx again Helen!

And I know you'll be up to the task of yelling for Treasures when it is announced. ;-)

AC