Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's HERE!!!!

Yes, Aunty is doing the Happy Dance all around the room!

I can't help myself, I'm so very excited about

MY NEW COVER

for my July release The Wild Irish Sea!

I know I'm biased, but I think it is GORGEOUS! The Art Department at Sourcebooks has outdone themselves yet again. The beautiful seascape carries through over onto the back cover, and that stone cottage fairly shouts, "Ireland!" Don't you agree?

I know some people (like my DH) object to the headless male torso, but I rather like having a BIT left to my imagination... I MEANT THE FACE!

I'm also very pleased with the back cover blurb:

Drawn together by a force they can’t resist…

The telepathic image of her twin brother fighting for his life sends Amber O’Neill rushing to the rocky shores of Ireland. Desperate to find him, she turns to reclusive local inspector Kevin Hennessey.

Bound together with a passion as relentless as the tide…

His past full of pain, Kevin has withdrawn from the world. But when the rain-drenched American appears on his doorstep with her wild tales of danger, something more than her sensuous beauty makes it impossible for him to turn her away.

The wildness of the sea, the mystery of a selkie prince, and a dangerous band of ruthless smugglers bring two lost souls together in a connection of mind, body, and spirit that can’t be denied.

So now that I have a cover, my Advance Review Copies will be going out soon. I hope to have one up for bid in Brenda Novak's online auction, like I did last year with The Treasures of Venice. I will let you know about that as soon as I know.

Meanwhile, please join me whilst I drool over this latest addition to my book covers. I do think the three of them make quite a lovely set. What do you think?

11 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

They do make very nice covers, and always tied together into sets, and into a Sourcebooks style. Very nicely done. I love your set.

Terra57 said...

They say never judge a book by its cover but I bet this will be like the rest of your books Aunt Cindy and be just as delicious on the inside as it is on the outside. Very nice and congrats.
huggs,
Terra

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hey Sheila,
Thanx BUNCHES! You are right, Sourcebooks has a very definite style for their covers and I'm thrilled to be a part of it!

AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

AWWW! Thanx again for your support Terra!

My CPs and my editor all tell me this is my best book yet. I hope YOU enjoy it too!

AC

Jane said...

It's gorgeous. Congrats, Aunty Cindy. I like his bits.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

ROFLOL! Thanx Jane,

He does appear to have very nice 'bits.' My "First Reader" commented along about chapter 5, "I'm really liking the parts about Kevin. Or maybe it's just Kevin's parts!"

AC

Mason Canyon said...

I do love the cover. It catches the eye and leaving something (the face) for the imagination is good. Congratulations, now go do your happy dance again you deserve it.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx Mason!

I believe I will.
(Aunty happy-dances out of the room.)

AC

Helen said...

I love it and I can't wait to meet Amber and Kevin and all the wonderful characters that you create.

I agree sourcebooks have done it again another beautiful cover

Congrats

Have Fun
Helen

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx BUNCHES, Helen!

I'm sure you will enjoy Kevin and Amber. Plus, Amber's brother Parker is quite a character too! I'm sure you'll get a kick out of him.

AC

Sharon Lathan said...

I think it is AWESOME and can't believe I missed the announcement! Geez. What have I been doing?

Love it, Cindy, and can't wait to read it.