Saturday, May 29, 2010

Two GREAT Reviews for The Wild Irish Sea!

I'm THRILLED to share that I just received my first two advance reviews for The Wild Irish Sea! There's still a little over a month to go before the book is scheduled to hit the bookstore shelves (all right, all right -- 38 days and yes, I'm counting), so these early reviews feel very important to me. What a relief to know that other readers LURVE my baby... er, um, STORY as much as I do!

Three days ago, author and reviewer Kelly Moran posted a wonderful review on her blog (just click on the title of this post to go there). Among other nice things, she had this to say:
I adore Irish stories, and this was no exception. A fascinating blend of American and Irish culture come together in this tale to bring the reader right there on the rocky shores, feeling the spray on your face and a lilt to your heart...
This is also a book which readers can take a lot from. A bit of adventure, a little fantasy, a touch of humor, and a lot of love make for a delightful read...
Though there is the mystery element to this book, I found the telepathy angle and love story more rewarding. Highly recommended, and I certainly look forward to more from this author.


Talk about UPLIFTING!

Then, yesterday, I staggered out of my sick bed (yes, I've been down for the count with an ugly stomach bug -- UGH!) to find that The Romance Studio gave The Wild Irish Sea 5 HEARTS (which equals "excellent") in this wonderful review by Theresa Joseph:
This book had both romance and mystery and I loved it. How couldn't you fall into the pages with such fascinating characters including a selkie prince: a sexy, Irish police officer, a feisty American, smugglers, big brown-eyed seals and three adorable youngsters...
The chemistry between the hero and the heroine is sizzling and their dialogue and interaction is captivating. I read this book in one sitting, I just couldn't put it down...
This is a great read for relaxing at the beach or pool and equally well suited to curling up in front of a fireplace. This author is definitely going on my must-read list.


Thank you, Theresa and sorry you didn't find your own hunk in Ireland. Maybe next time...

To read the entire review, go here:
http://theromancestudio.com/reviews/reviews/wildirishseamcgary.htm

Now I'm off to eat a bland dinner and bask in the glow of these first two wonderful reviews. Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hope you're feeling better, Aunty Cindy and congrats on the fabulous reviews for "The Wild Irish Sea."

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx Jane!

I'm almost "normal" today (whatever that is). My DH was sick yesterday too, but he didn't have it nearly as bad as I did. :-P

AC

Helen said...

What fantastic reviews I really am dying to read this book Whoo Hoo.

I do hope you both are feeling better now sit back and bask in the great reviews before the wild ride will start with blogs and there must be a release party.

Have Fun
Helen