Sunday, September 9, 2012

Six Sentences from His Reluctant Bodyguard

I intended to release my newest book last week, His Reluctant Bodyguard, Book 2 in the Adventure Cruise Line series. Unfortunately, some family drama got in the way, but I'm looking to release the book very soon. Meanwhile I thought you might enjoy a little peek at Rip and Avery's story, so here are six sentences from Chapter 6 of His Reluctant Bodyguard.


Rip pressed his ear against the crack between the heavy wooden door and its frame, in a vain attempt to hear anything that might be happening in the corridor.

Nothing.

The temperature in the tiny airless room seemed to grow warmer by the moment, and the sweat on his face made his various cuts and contusions sting. But since his hands were lashed behind his back, he couldn't wipe it away. At least he believed his hands were still there. He'd lost all feeling in them by the time he'd regained consciousness.
Okay, sorry to leave you with that mini cliff-hanger (Aunty grins devilishly). You'll just have to read the rest of the book to find out what happens.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I can feel how sorry you are. :P

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

LOL! You know me too well, Tory! ;-)

Thanks for popping by.

AC

Anonymous said...

Lawd, what a teaser. I can hardly wait to read! Love the description. You put me in the room with him.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

AWWW! Thanks Maggie, you're making me blush (no small feat)!

Stay tuned, I hope to have HRB released this week! ;-)FINALLY!

AC

Patricia Rickrode w/a Jansen Schmidt said...

Oooooohhhhhh, intriguing!

Can't wait for publication day!

Patricia Rickrode
w/a Jansen Schmidt

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hey Patricia,

You and me both! LOL! I had originally hoped to finish and get HRB released at the end of July. Oh well, you know what they say about those "best laid plans!"

AC