Sunday, September 30, 2012

Six Sentences from Sidhe Princess

Next Saturday will mark my one year anniversary of wading into the big scary world of Indie publishing. I uploaded my fantasy novelette The Sidhe Princess to SmashWords and Amazon Kindle. So I thought it was fitting this week to share six sentences from that story.

When I wrote my debut novel The Wild Sight, I knew that my hero, Donovan O'Shea had inherited his "gift" of "the Sight" from his mother, who was not happy about her abilities or passing them on to her offspring. I thought it might be fun for readers to get a little glimpse of Moira as a young girl.

So here are six sentences from page six of The Sidhe Princess:

One of the fae, Moira guessed, and the most exquisite wee thing she'd ever seen.

"You can see me as well as hear me, can you not?" asked the small woman. The proud way she stood and the commanding tone she used were not the least bit childlike.

Moira nodded mutely and twisted her hands into her apron. 'Twas not the first time she'd seen or even spoken to other-worldly creatures, though never before had one been so bold in approaching her. Nor so beautiful.

If you haven't read my 14,000 word novelette, it works fine as a stand-alone story and is available on both Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Sidhe-Princess-ebook/dp/B005TD8GK4 and Barnes & Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-sidhe-princess-loucinda-mcgary/1106961514
NOW would be a perfect time to read it!





 

2 comments:

Patricia Rickrode w/a Jansen Schmidt said...

I love this book Aunty Cindy! So glad you took the plunge and published it.

Keep up the good work!

Patricia Rickrode
w/a Jansen Schmidt

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanks bunches, Patricia!

I truly appreciate all your support of me and my writing.

AC