Friday, June 6, 2008

Galley Proofs and More!

HOORAY! My galley proofs arrived yesterday. In case you don't know what these are, they are the pages, fully set up and ready to go to the printer who will then produce the actual book. What I (the author) have to do is read through and make sure there are no errors.

YIKES! No pressure!

But this is one step closer on my road to publication, and I'm excited to make it.

Another first for me will be happening on June 17th. This month, Sourcebooks is the featured publisher at Enchanting Reviews http://www.enchantingreviews.com/ and they will be hosting a chat with upcoming Casablanca authors, Marie Force, Robin Kaye, Malena Lott and ME! The chat begins at 8 p.m. Central time. Hope you will drop by!

8 comments:

Jane said...

Hooray for the galley proofs. Now I know what they are.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx Jane!

I knew what they were, but these are the first I've seen. I must say, they are BEAUTIFUL! LOL! Plus, it is really starting to feel like I'll have an actual book on the shelves in 115 more days! ACK!!!

Helen said...

Congrats Aunty Cindy the galley proofs sound wonderful they bring us closer to reading this book have fun checking them out.

Have Fun
Helen

Helen said...

Forgot to say that I hope I will be able to get to the chat depends on time differences if I am able I will be there

Have Fun
Helen

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Thanx a BUNCH, Helen!

Sorry, I can never remember the time differences between Downunder and here. I can barely keep the time zones in the US straight! Anyway, I hope to see you there, but if not, I'll understand. :-)

HUGS!!!
AC

Terri Osburn said...

I'm pretty sure 8pm here should be around 9am there (the next day). Hope Helen can make it. I'm adding it to my calendar because otherwise I'll forget.

Congrats on the galley proofs! That means it's one step closer. I can't imagine how exciting this is. Thanks for keeping us posted and can't wait to *see* you on the ship this Friday. LOL!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hey Terri,
I'm really excited to be blogging on RWR! Thanx again for inviting me!

Cindy